The Friday “I just turned in my grades” roundup.
Actually, we submit them by computer now, but you get my drift.
* Somebody should have started this blog years ago (via Sullivan).
* I’m so old, I remember when the New York Public Library still used call slips. Wait a second, doesn’t the New York Public Library STILL use call slips?
* This is just one of many reasons why I’ve never bought a Kindle.
* John Fea deserves some kind of award for having the patience to write this series. It’s probably going to end up having twelve parts.
* A course on capitalism is an excellent idea, but I’d rather be poor than have to teach Atlas Shrugged. Joyce Appleby’s The Relentless Revolution, however, would make a great central text.
* Via Laphams Quarterly, a tumblr about ghost towns.